U.S. Library of Congress Chooses Trusted Translations to Translate World Digital Library
Trusted Translations, Inc., an SBA certified 8(a) company and GSA contract holder (GS-10F-0245W), was recently selected by the U.S. Library of Congress as one of its primary translation providers for the World Digital Library (WDL) site.
(PRWEB) - May 05, 2011 - Trusted Translations, Inc., a global leader in translation services and an SBA certified 8(a) translation company on the GSA Language Schedule, was recently awarded a contract with the U.S. Library of Congress to provide multilingual translation services for the World Digital Library (WDL).
In 2006, James H. Billington, Librarian of the U.S. Congress, initiated the WDL project and proposed it to the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO. The concept behind the project is to provide Internet users from around the world with access to the important cultural information from different countries, thus promoting cross-cultural awareness.
UNESCO welcomed the project and the WDL was launched to the public in 2009. The site is published in seven languages, including the six official languages of the United Nations, Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish, as well as Portuguese. The WDL is free and makes available important cultural documents from cultures and nations from around the globe.
The World Digital Library site is hosted by the U.S. Library of Congress and a team based at the Library of Congress maintains the site. Trusted Translations, through its office in the Washington, D.C. area, will work closely with the Library of Congress team to ensure the highest quality translations for this important initiative.
The content of the WDL is stored in a variety of formats and languages, from different places and time periods. The WDL focuses on significant primary materials, including manuscripts, maps, rare books, recordings, films, prints, photographs, architectural drawings, and other types of primary sources.
These primary materials appear in their original language. Trusted Translations will translate the metadata (titles, keywords, descriptions, and information about the materials) that make it possible to search and browse the World Digital Library site.
One of the key factors requested by the U.S. Library of Congress in making its final selection was proven experience in translating metadata in a way that optimizes the content for internal and external searches. Trusted Translations was selected, in part, due to its extensive experience with Multilingual Search Engine Optimization (MSEO) and with the optimization of multilingual metadata. In particular, Trusted Translations has demonstrated broad expertise translating titles, keywords, descriptions and information in such a manner that the resulting content is optimized for search in languages other than English. Trusted Translations is one of the only translation companies worldwide to have this multilingual SEO experience in-house.
“As the current leading language provider to the U.S. Department of Education, the U.S.D.A. and other U.S. government agencies, we are extremely excited to work with the U.S. Library of Congress and UNESCO on this important cultural initiative,” stated Trusted Translations CEO Richard Estevez. “The Library of Congress and its partners have established a cutting edge multilingual platform and content management system making it a pleasure to be part of the WDL linguistic team,” elaborated Mr. Estevez.
This contract is one of a series of recent awards with the U.S. Government, including a 5-year contract with the U.S. Department of Education, U.S.D.A., U.S. Park Services and U.S. Marine Corp to provide high-quality translation services.
Further, Trusted Translations was recently granted a 5-year contract with General Services Administration (GS-10F-0245W). Trusted Translations has a long history of serving cultural and educational initiatives. They have worked as a preferred translation provider for the United Nations University, The Smithsonian, N.A.S.A., Harvard University, Cornell University, University of Miami and many other institutions dedicated to educational and cultural initiatives.
Other Trusted Translations' Press Releases:
- Trusted Translations Speaks Library of Congress Legal Translations
- Trusted Translations Awarded New Government Translation Contracts
- Trusted Translations' SEO Expert Speaks at Localization World
- U.S. Library of Congress Chooses Trusted Translations to Translate World Digital Library
- Trusted Translations Launches New Phone Interpretation Division
- GSA Awards Contract Best Spanish Translation Rates Schedule
- Virginia Department Transportation Awards Trusted Translations Primary Translation Interpretation Contract
- Trusted Translations CEO Named Top Entrepreneur
- Trusted Translations Supports St. Jude's Gala
- Translation for St. Jude Initiative
- Spanish Translation Leader Receives "Top 500 Hispanic-American Owned Businesses in the U.S." Award
- Green Translation Services Arrive: Trusted Translations Goes Green
- Spanish Translation Leader Launches Spanish Post Production Division
- The Largest Spanish Translation Community on the Internet
- English - Spanish Translation Leader Launches Operations in New York City
- Trusted Translations Acquires Europe Translations
- Spanish Translation Leader Launches Executive Spanish Schools Directory
- New Spanish Translators Forum: English Spanish Translator Org
- Spanish Translation Leader Launches B2B Division at Localization World Barcelona 2006
- New Spanish Localization Portal for English / Spanish Translators: Spanish Translator Services
- Trusted Translations Announces Translation for Miles for its Premier Clients