U.S. Library of Congress Chooses Trusted Translations to Translate World Digital Library
Trusted Translations, Inc., an SBA certified 8(a) company and GSA contract holder (GS-10F-0245W), was recently selected by the U.S. Library of Congress as one of its primary translation providers for the World Digital Library (WDL) site.
(PRWEB) – May 05, 2011 – Trusted Translations, Inc., a global leader in translation services and an SBA certified 8(a) translation company on the GSA Language Schedule, was recently awarded a contract with the U.S. Library of Congress to provide multilingual translation services for the World Digital Library (WDL).
In 2006, James H. Billington, Librarian of the U.S. Congress, initiated the WDL project and proposed it to the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO. The concept behind the project is to provide Internet users from around the world with access to the important cultural information from different countries, thus promoting cross-cultural awareness.
UNESCO welcomed the project and the WDL was launched to the public in 2009. The site is published in seven languages, including the six official languages of the United Nations, Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish, as well as Portuguese. The WDL is free and makes available important cultural documents from cultures and nations from around the globe.
The World Digital Library site is hosted by the U.S. Library of Congress and a team based at the Library of Congress maintains the site. Trusted Translations, through its office in the Washington, D.C. area, will work closely with the Library of Congress team to ensure the highest quality translations for this important initiative.
The content of the WDL is stored in a variety of formats and languages, from different places and time periods. The WDL focuses on significant primary materials, including manuscripts, maps, rare books, recordings, films, prints, photographs, architectural drawings, and other types of primary sources.
These primary materials appear in their original language. Trusted Translations will translate the metadata (titles, keywords, descriptions, and information about the materials) that make it possible to search and browse the World Digital Library site.
One of the key factors requested by the U.S. Library of Congress in making its final selection was proven experience in translating metadata in a way that optimizes the content for internal and external searches. Trusted Translations was selected, in part, due to its extensive experience with Multilingual Search Engine Optimization (MSEO) and with the optimization of multilingual metadata. In particular, Trusted Translations has demonstrated broad expertise translating titles, keywords, descriptions and information in such a manner that the resulting content is optimized for search in languages other than English. Trusted Translations is one of the only translation companies worldwide to have this multilingual SEO experience in-house.
“As the current leading language provider to the U.S. Department of Education, the U.S.D.A. and other U.S. government agencies, we are extremely excited to work with the U.S. Library of Congress and UNESCO on this important cultural initiative,” stated Trusted Translations CEO Richard Estevez. “The Library of Congress and its partners have established a cutting edge multilingual platform and content management system making it a pleasure to be part of the WDL linguistic team,” elaborated Mr. Estevez.
This contract is one of a series of recent awards with the U.S. Government, including a 5-year contract with the U.S. Department of Education, U.S.D.A., U.S. Park Services and U.S. Marine Corp to provide high-quality translation services.
Further, Trusted Translations was recently granted a 5-year contract with General Services Administration (GS-10F-0245W). Trusted Translations has a long history of serving cultural and educational initiatives. They have worked as a preferred translation provider for the United Nations University, The Smithsonian, N.A.S.A., Harvard University, Cornell University, University of Miami and many other institutions dedicated to educational and cultural initiatives.
- Awarded GSA Interpretation Contract
- Trusted Translations Receives Language-Specific ISO Quality Certifications
- We Lead Discussion on Mobile Search at Localization World 2012 in Seattle
- We get Awarded ISO 9001:2008 Accreditation
- We are Present at GALA Miami on Hispanic Online Marketing
- We Facilitate The Translation of Android Apps through Google Play
- Trusted Translations to Launch on Helpouts by Google
- Richard Estevez, Our CEO, Speaks at ATA 2015
- We receive Updated ISO Quality Certification
- Trusted Translations Partners with WPML to Localize WordPress SEO Content
- Acquires Europe Translations
- Our Government Translation Contracts
- B2b Translation Division
- English Spanish Translator Org
- Executive Spanish Schools
- Green Translation Services
- GSA Best Spanish Translation Rates
- Largest Spanish Translation Community
- New Phone Interpretation Division
- Our CEO Named Top Entrepreneur
- Our SEO Expert Speaks at Localization
- Spanish Post Production Division
- Spanish Translation New York
- Spanish Translation Portal
- We Speak at Library of Congress
- Top 500 Hispanic Company
- Translation for Miles
- Translation for St Jude
- Trusted Translations Supports St Jude
- Library of Congress Chooses Us
- Virginia D. O. T. Awards Us