Richard Estevez, Trusted Translations“ CEO, Speaks at ATA 2015
Trusted Translations“ CEO, Richard Estevez, Invited as Guest Speaker at the 2015 American Translators Association (ATA) conference in Miami, Florida. Presents talk on "Working for the U.S. Federal Government: Essential Tips".
MIAMI, FL. (PRWEB) - November 10, 2015, Richard Estevez, CEO and Founder of Trusted Translations, Inc., spoke at the 2015 American Translators Association’s (ATA) 56th Annual Conference held in Miami this past weekend. As the CEO of one of the largest providers of on-site interpretation and translation services to the U.S. Federal Government, Mr. Estevez was asked to speak to ATA members and invitees on the nuances and specific requirements involved in providing interpretations and translations to U.S. government agencies. The title of his talk was “Working with the U.S. Federal Government: Essential Tips.”
As a preface to his remarks, Mr. Estevez discussed his Hispanic heritage and growing up as the son of a Cuban immigrant who also was a U.S. Army war veteran. He mentioned that his father’s dedication to serving in the U.S. Armed Forces was a motivation for his first project with the U.S. Government. His first exposure to government work was in 1991 through an internship at USAOPTEC (United States Army Operational Test and Evaluation Command).
Speaking to a large audience at the Miami Hyatt Convention center, Mr. Estevez began by pointing out that the U.S. Federal Government is one of the largest buyers of interpretation and translation services in the world, with over $600 million in services expected to be procured in 2015. He further indicated that because the U.S. is one of the most diverse language-speaking populations in the world, having quality language support was fundamental to the operations of a vast majority of U.S. Federal agencies, including their daily interaction with millions of U.S. citizens and residents.
Mr. Estevez noted that, despite purchasing a large volume of language services, the U.S. Government had surprisingly little to no standardization across different Federal agencies in terms of translation glossaries and memories. He mentioned that it was important as a language provider to help guide the many agencies that had less experience in the interpretation and translation process; although he also indicated that there are several Agencies that have a high level of expertise in languages, including the CDC and U.S. Department of Education.
Throughout his presentation, Mr. Estevez addressed the provision of interpretation and language services to the U.S. Government from both the agency and linguist point of view. To round out his remarks, he also discussed various levels of clearances and other key requirements expected of language providers, including professional protocol to be followed on important government assignments.
Since starting Trusted Translations in 2003, Mr. Estevez has worked with almost every major Federal Government Agency, including the U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Education, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Department of Justice, Department of Defense, Social Security Administration, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Martine Corps, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Transportation and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Trusted Translations has also worked with several of the top military contractors including Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman.
Mr. Estevez is based out of the Miami office of Trusted Translations, Inc. located in the historic downtown district on West Flagler St.
Other Trusted Translations' Press Releases:
- Trusted Translations’ Receives Updated ISO Quality Certification
- Richard Estevez, Trusted Translations’ CEO, Speaks at ATA 2015
- Trusted Translations to Launch on Helpouts by Google
- Trusted Translations Facilitates Translation of Android Apps through Google Play
- Trusted Translations Presents at GALA Miami on Hispanic Online Marketing
- Trusted Translations, Inc. Awarded ISO 9001:2008 Accreditation
- Trusted Translations Leads Discussion on Mobile Search at Localization World 2012 in Seattle
- Trusted Translations Awarded GSA Interpretation Contract
- Trusted Translations Speaks Library of Congress Legal Translations
- Trusted Translations Awarded New Government Translation Contracts
- Trusted Translations' SEO Expert Speaks at Localization World
- U.S. Library of Congress Chooses Trusted Translations to Translate World Digital Library
- Trusted Translations Launches New Phone Interpretation Division
- GSA Awards Contract Best Spanish Translation Rates Schedule
- Virginia Department Transportation Awards Trusted Translations Primary Translation Interpretation Contract
- Trusted Translations CEO Named Top Entrepreneur
- Trusted Translations Supports St. Jude's Gala
- Translation for St. Jude Initiative
- Spanish Translation Leader Receives "Top 500 Hispanic-American Owned Businesses in the U.S." Award
- Green Translation Services Arrive: Trusted Translations Goes Green
- Spanish Translation Leader Launches Spanish Post Production Division
- The Largest Spanish Translation Community on the Internet
- English - Spanish Translation Leader Launches Operations in New York City
- Trusted Translations Acquires Europe Translations
- Spanish Translation Leader Launches Executive Spanish Schools Directory
- New Spanish Translators Forum: English Spanish Translator Org
- Spanish Translation Leader Launches B2B Division at Localization World Barcelona 2006
- New Spanish Localization Portal for English / Spanish Translators: Spanish Translator Services
- Trusted Translations Announces Translation for Miles for its Premier Clients